12/17/2007

 

Fun?

Oh wait I forgot to talk about all the fun I am having.

OK, now that's out of the way.

Just kidding, I enjoy the constant invasion of privacy, cooking and working and sleep depravation in a 8x8x16 foot (3x3x6m) hut that sometimes smells like fuel. Knitting keeps me busy, sometimes we'll match a movie on the laptop, also if I am feeling inspired, I'll attempt some creative cooking. I guess all the cooking has to have a little imagination because it's all prepared frozen food with little to no taste. Which brings we to our next form of entertainment who doubles as a coworker: the Bob. Now for the record, Bob's great and fun and smart, but he comes from a small town on the Nerd river that borders OCDville where all traditional food is prepared with a microwave. So, cooking is always interesting and sometimes I don't even try to please the masses so I'll just grab something for myself. We did force him to eat a piece of broccoli at some point which proves that most of his particularities are for show (bad sitcom?).

There's alot to do at Spole also, but it all happens on the working schedule, like in the evenings, but if you are just loafing around, like us, there's almost too much time to kill. Internet is only accessible from 3am to 10am, or so, and then you try to stay out of everybody's way until lunch, walk around then nap until dinner. Everybody has sunday off, so we went outside to fly kites until your hands freeze.

Now I really hope we get to go to AGO5 tomorrow for a few days, not only to do my job right but also because I really don't want to be in McM for the xmas whoknowswhat. I got some truffles from my mom and saw some decorations hanging around which is more than enough xmas for me. I'd rather spend my dreamy white xmas with Bob! But seriously I would actually like to spend a bit more time out on the plateau, I am pretty sure this is my last time and it got pulled from underneath me. Just one more AGO, bartender, even though my shoulder already hurts, just one more.

Wish me luck.

(you don't get the answer until a week from now when I post more pics)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?